Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012

Kelly and I launched on a good high tide and paddled straight out to DTB's secret spot. From the very first cast, the bite was on. I caught snook after snook on the Flat Rap, and in a few hours,  had brought in 30 snook. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them were over 15", but it was good catching nonetheless.

Kelly was at it as well, opting (as he is wont to do) to throw mostly his topwater Spook. His dedication to that lure almost paid off with a big snook catch, but after several attempts the fish just couldn't get the lure squarely in its mouth. Kelly managed to pick up a half-dozen snook with other lures once he gave up on the topwater.

It felt good to finally have the epic snook day that I had known was possible in this spot. Looking forward to getting back.

If you are wondering where the photos are...I didn't take any. I was too busy catching fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment