Saturday, January 26, 2013

January 13th, 2012

Kelly and I went back to the scene of the crime today on an unseasonably warm January morning. As we paddled out to DTB's secret spot, I was concerned that the heat would make the snook move out of the area.

My concerns were mostly confirmed a half-hour later when we were fishing the usual spots as hard as we could, but no snook could be found. I finally got the skunk off with a trout caught on a jig head/shad tail combo, and Kelly did the same with a jig head/paddle tail combo.

We fished mostly with those two lures. Mine tended to catch trout, while Kelly's was bringing in more snook. By the time we were ready to paddle out, he had caught five snook to my two, though I held an edge on him with the trout, at five.

We paddled out and fished some of the bay outside of Bishop's Harbor. At one point I tossed my jig into a distant sand hole, and after one pop, got a nice trout on the line at 21".

Ultimately, it wasn't nearly as epic as our last trip out, but considering the warm weather, we did fairly well.

(No photos again. This time I couldn't find my camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment